We love performing re-roof projects in Cadillac, Michigan. The spring weather does bring some very strong WINDS to northern Michigan. Here are some items to consider for windy day roofing.
- Double and triple check all trucks and trailers to make sure the load is securely fastened to the vehicle.
- Tie off your ladder – – attach it to the Springfield Ladder Anchor to ensure the ladder doesn’t slip, slide, or kick out on your employees
- Only load the rooftop with materials that are absolutely essential for that day’s work – – keep those items secure on the rooftop
- Use caution when opening bunks of ISO – – whether on the ground or the rooftop, a single piece of ISO can quickly blow away.
- Is there an area of the rooftop that is sheltered from the wind? Perhaps the rooftop materials can be stored there?
It is important to consider the project when doing a windy day risk assessment. Most of all, weight down your skinny employees by putting some heavy rocks in their tool belts.